I am currently 27 years old – the horror! I love the concept of keeping a bucket list (regardless of the fact it’s probably impossible to do them all) and keep a running tally of crazy life goals in a spreadsheet on my computer.
Instead of posting my beast of a bucket list, I thought I’d create a travel 30 before 30! This is a list of 30 travel related items I would like to accomplish before I turn 30.
Some are adventurous. Some are ridiculous. But they’re all a recipe for a good time and an even better story.
Being that I am currently in the latter half of my twenties that gives me T-minus 2.5 years to accomplish them all.
- Hike to Mt. Everest Base Camp and summit Kala Pattar (Completed 11/2/14)
- Go skydiving
- Go bungee jumping
- Watch the sunset (or sunrise) over Uluru, Northern Territory, Australia
- Walk the Great Wall of China (Completed 9/19/14)
- Live in both Australia and New Zealand for a year
- See killer whales in the wild (Completed 9/13/14)
- Stand in line for a crazy amount of hours to do something awesome
- Visit 25 countries
- Travel the world for over 2 years
- Watch the New Year’s Eve fireworks over Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney, Australia
- Travel solo (Started 9/18/14-now)
- Snorkel or scuba dive with whale sharks
- Hike on a glacier (Completed 11/1/14 – Khumbu Glacier, Everest)
- Go dune/sand surfing
- Road trip around Ireland (Completed 4/20/15)
- SCUBA dive between tectonic plates in Iceland (Completed 4/30/15)
- Go to an ice bar
- See cave paintings
- Get a Thai massage…in Thailand (Completed 11/27/14)
- Make an important decision with a coin toss
- Take a language class in a foreign country
- Drink beer at Oktoberfest in Germany
- Fly either Business Class or First Class
- Celebrate Christmas/New Years on the beach (Christmas 2014 on Boracay Island, Philippines)
- Geek out in London, England (Completed 3/13/15)
- Get my Advanced SCUBA certification
- Rent a moped for a day of exploring
- Climb an active volcano